Do you love cosplay? Do you celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day on a daily basis? Do you refer to yourself as a mermaid? If you answered yes to any of those questions then you are a perfect contestant for the 2nd Annual Hooks & Tails Costume Contest!
Contestants must be at least 18 years old by October 2018.
- Both male and female contestants are encouraged to enter.
- Must be available to make a guest appearance in costume at the this year's Boynton Beach Haunted Pirate Fest and Mermaid Splash on Saturday, October 27th or Sunday, October 28th.
- Must submit via email:
- Contest application
- Signed released form
- Two photos – head shot and full body shot in a pirate, mermaid, or mythical creature costume (photos should be submitted in JPG or PNG formats)
- Must post photo to the Pirate Fest Facebook event page and share the image with friends/followers. This is a two-step process that will require waiting for submitted photo to be approved by CRA staff and posted to the event page.
- The Haunted Pirate Fest and Mermaid Splash is a family friendly event, so it should go without saying that absolutely no nudity will be permitted.
- Any conduct deemed inappropriate will result in the immediate dismissal and removal from contest.
- By entering the costume contest, you are agreeing to allow your image to be used in future advertising efforts by the Boynton Beach CRA
- All submissions (photos, application, and release form) must be emailed to Hussaina@bbfl.us and be received by September 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM. No late entries will be accepted!
A panel of local judges, selected by the CRA, will vote on each photo submission.
- Judging will be based upon creativity, originality, authenticity, and complexity of overall costume.
- All decisions of the costume contest are final and cannot be contested.
The winners will be publicly announced on Friday, October 5, 2018 by 5:30 PM.Winners Receive:
- Featured posts of your entry image on social media leading up to the event
- Professional photo shoot during event and digital copies.
- Opportunity to be a "celebrity" judge for the Mermaid Pageant.
- A treasure chest filled with "Pirate Booty" (gift certificates from local CRA businesses)
- Official Haunted Pirate Fest & Mermaid Splash T-Shirt
- A 2 night stay at The Hampton Inn & Suites Boynton Beach