CALLING ALL SCALLYWAGS
We are looking for some brave souls to assist us at the 6th Annual Boynton Beach Haunted Pirate Fest and Mermaid Splash! We want this year’s event to be our most successful yet, but we absolutely cannot do it without YOU! This is a great opportunity to have fun and work behind-the-scenes at one of the hottest events in Boynton Beach.
- A-Team – This team will be comprised of go getters only. If you’re willing to jump in wherever needed then we’ve got a spot for you on our A-Team!
- Blogger (B-Team) – Do you love to write about the hottest events and latest trends? Are you an influencer with a following – or someone who’s passionate about the blogosphere? If so, we want YOU on our team!
- Social Media Ambassador (SMA Team) – Do you friends refer to you as a social media guru? Are you a content wizard? If so, we need YOU on our team! We are looking for social media ambassadors to help promote the 6th Annual Boynton Beach Haunted Pirate Fest & Mermaid Splash before, after, and during the event. This is a great opportunity for a creative mind that’s yearning to be unleashed!
- Promo Team – Do your friends refer to you as a social butterfly or the life of the party? If so, you’ll enjoy a spot on our promo team. It’s super easy and lots of fun! The promo team is our on the ground event promoters that tell people about the biggest and baddest pirate festival in South Florida. You’ll be passing out flyers, rocking out to your favorite tunes as you spin our event signs, conducting short surveys, and handing out promotional giveaways.
- Parking Team – Do you resonate with the colors yellow and black? Do you get excited about asphalt steam? If so, we need your assistance with optimizing the parking spaces that we have in our event parking areas.
- Character Team – Do you love cosplay? Do you own an awesome mermaid, pirate, or mythical creature costume? We’d love to have you on our character team. You’ll be roaming the event site or positioned at one of the various attractions as a booth/line attendant. This is a great opportunity to shine and bring joy to event attendees.
- Set Up & Break Down Team (S&B Team) – You’ve been building your muscles. Now put them to work by joining our S&B team. Pirate Fest is a huge event and we need extra hands to successfully set up and break down the event. Many hands make light work, so feel free to recruit some friends to join the team too!
For the love of your community, pirates, mermaids, and all things fun! Plus some sweet perks!
- Designated parking area near the event site
- Food and drinks at the volunteer hospitality area
- Official Pirate Fest t-shirt and pin
- Invitation to our CRA Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Community service hours are available for eligible volunteers
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER
Volunteers must be at least 14 years old. Any volunteer under the age of 18, must have their parent or legal guardian sign the required Waiver of Liability and Indemnification Form.
WHAT TO WEAR
If you are requesting to be a volunteer in any area other than “roaming character” we recommend that you dress as comfortable as possible. We provide the t-shirt* and the rest is up to you. Please keep in mind that the weather in South Florida is incredibly unpredictable, so dress accordingly. Also, this is a rain or shine event that takes place 100% outdoors. We recommend comfortable shoes that are closed toed.
*Every volunteer will receive an official Pirate Fest & Mermaid Splash t-shirt. We ask that no alcoholic beverages are consumed while wearing the t-shirt during the event.
WHERE TO GO
The event takes place on East Ocean Avenue, between Seacrest Blvd. and Federal Hwy. Upon arrival to the event you should go to the volunteer check in area. Upon check in you will receive your t-shirt and shift assignment.
WHEN CAN YOU VOLUNTEER
There are a variety of volunteer shifts available before, during, and after the event.
If you would like to join our team or get additional information, contact: